Tuesday 17 May 2016

BAAAAAAAACK.........

Holy smokes!

Well well, it has been a LONG time since I've put anything up. Over a year in fact! Gee wiz. Now there's been a couple of reasons for this, let's quickly have a look.

First off (and don't laugh) some how I got locked out of my Blogger account. I don't know how or why this happened and it wouldn't let me back in. I'd get stuck in one of those infuriating pass word recovery loops that led no where for all eternity. Any way I just read Lord Mantons latest post and thought what the heck I'll try it after a year and for some reason it decided to work...sigh



(Now folks normally I don't like to rant on the net but I just need to say this)
Secondly THE RAGE OF SIGMAR. Now I know you'll all have read/played/rage quitted all about this but please just indulge me. Let's start with The End Times. I absolutely loved them. As a Vampire player I was ecstatic to see the rise of my old pal Nagash, I thought the Glottkin was amazing and honestly how good was Khaine! Thanquol and Archaon were pretty shmick too and to be honest I kind of liked how they blew up the world, I mean I was thinking "Yeah cool, but it's not gonna effect my game right? I mean they obviously wouldn't do that to us right?" WRONG!!! Seriously wtf. They killed it, they actually killed Warhammer Fantasy. Folks this really took the wind out of my sails, I love my 40k and a play a range of other games but really I'm a fantasy fan boi. It was my first true love, Fantasy got my into the hobbying world, she got my imagination flowing, got me painting, converting and writting fluff. I'd sit up all night with her planning armies or glueing goblins or just staring at my new dragon. Yep me and her had a good few years together. And they took her from me, murdered her while she slept. Bastards.

The End Is Nigh

Now to be clear I haven't actually played AOS so I can't rant on too much but what I will say is this. First off the models are absolutely awful. Space Lizards? Fire Dwarfs riding dinos? And not to mention EXPENSIVE! Yeah that's right I've played warhammer for nearly 20 years, I'm used to paying both balls for a tiny toy but these prices are ridiculous. Not to mention the very edition before AOS, GamesWorkshop decides to bring in Horde Formations so we all rush out and buy like 2 million zombies so we can play this rule, then they scrap the entire game and tell us "don't worry you can still use your models" Well we can't GW, we can't use our 2 million zombie hordes in your new fully SKIRMISHED game. But hey thanks for bringing in the Horde rule right before you scrap the game (it would have been annoying for them to have all that extra stock)  So no. Sorry Gee Dubs but I ain't buying into your pretty little AOS.
That, of course, does not mean I have not been playing other games, let's take a look.

RANT OVER
(Thank you)

So me and a couple of mates have still been playing a fair bit of 8th ed fantasy. I got that Chaos all cavalry list up and happening and it's been doing pretty well, in fact I've only lost one game with it (stupid ogres). My Vampires have been shambling on as they have always done. Manton and I had another battle for the Melbourne cup although we didn't play on cup day but a few days later for the ominously named "Stakes Day". The day's name proved true with my Vampires JUST losing to his High Elves and the chalice returning to the powers of good. We made some great "graveyard" terrain for the game and have decided to play each year for the chalice. The winner must use the same army (though they can change their list) but the challenger can use whatever army they wish, so I'll be challenging with my Chaos later in the year-Stay tuned. The winner also has to make some "home town" terrain (hence the graveyard) so I'll be looking forward to some Elven towers or something to decorate our board.

The Wraith among the graves

The Flappy-Fright

I have also been playing alot of 40k. I've built up a fairly nasty Tyranid list. Hive Fleet Megladon ;) It involves a lot of deep striking and out flanking. Man I love gene stealers. I'm actually having a battle next Sunday against a mate and his Dark Eldar so I'll let you know how that all goes. I've also been working on a Nurgle Daemon list which I want to bring to my first ever tournement! I haven't got too much of it at the moment but for some reason I've decided to theme it from the TV show Neighbours. Toadie is my Great Unclean for example but we'll get into that some other time.

Dr. Khal

And apart from that folks it's just been a bit of X-Wing and computer games. Rust is sick btw. I'll stick up a bunch of photos, do a battle report for that Nids game and write up something nice for my Nurgle.

Basically guys, I'm back. I'm glad to be back. It's been lovely, keep rolling dem dice and we'll talk soon.
Jimzan xx 

2 comments:

  1. Good to have you back, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. Streaming Music

    ReplyDelete